- Check your fin screws and threads for corrosion or mangled heads.
- Spray all Tuttle and deep Tuttle box fins heads with SailKote dry teflon spray for easy and flush insertion into the board.
- Check your board for dings, repair as necessary. Use HOT STUFF to quickly laminate small repairs.
- Check your foot straps, if they don't stand open, are fraying or expose plastic anywhere, replace them before you hurt or blister your feet.
- Check all universal joint tendons for bulging, swelling, discoloration and cracking on the tendon, particularly around the screw hole area. If you have doubts about the integrity of your tendon disassemble the universal joint. Look for wobbly pieces and make sure the safety lines are attached properly and not frayed. If there are issues either replace the tendon itself, or the entire universal joint.
- Inspect all your lines: inhaul, outhaul, downhaul and adjustable outhaul. If it's time to upgrade them we do stock all the necessary windsurfing lines here.
- Clean your boom grip with soap and water. A good non-slip grip is easier on the forearms and makes a world of a difference.
- Clean boom back-end and extension clips. Apply SailKote dry teflon spray for easy adjustments.
- Check to make sure you didn't put away any sails needing repair before the winter.
- Check to make sure you didn't put away any sails with broken battens before the winter.
- If you have cambered sails clean the mast, cambers, and apply SailKote to the mast. Avoid the boom opening area.
- If you have any new gear or had trouble rigging a particular sail, take the time to rig it at home and get your settings right. You don't want to be at the beach on day one of the season fiddling around rigging while your friends are out on the water blasting around.
- Pack your gear bag with all the small windsurfing pieces you'll need for the season. Click here to read our previous tech tip: 5 Gear Bag Essentials.
- Read and bookmark your next steps in the Tricktionary Windsurfing Instructional Book to improve your windsurfing!
- Watch videos to get stoked on windsurfing! We like Continent Seven and Windsurfing.TV
- And most importantly, WASH YOUR WETSUIT!...and booties...please.